Sunday, September 23, 2012

Week 4: LSU @ Auburn {NCAAF}

I was containing my excitement on the success of LSU becoming 3-0 in the weeks prior to this. They were playing teams that they should beat with ease. Plus the first 3 games were home games. I knew the first away game would be a test no matter the opponent. I, however, was not ready for this close, nail-biter of a game with Auburn University. I always would be a liar if I said that I didn't feel the slightest bit scared that LSU may even lose this game. I waffled back and forth trying to figure out if LSU was playing worse than the previous weeks or if they were "show-boating" assuming this would just be an easy win. I hope this game isn't showing that our defense has to be a step ahead of our offense to get wins. I am giving LSU the benefit of the doubt since this was Mettenberger's first away game and first SEC conference game. The real test of how LSU performs this season will be on October 6th when we play Florida away. Until then I will accept the ugly 4-0 record. Mettenberger did have two fumbles recovered by Auburn. This was the game of the punter....
Photobucket


No comments: